How to improve your conversion & abandoned cart rate, SEO ranking, sell more products and build the best online store possible
1. Experiment Constantly. You can also learn more tweak more and make your online shop better.
2. Put money back in your business.
3. Collect email addresses from day one and start the conversion with your audience through newsletter app such as Aweber.
4. Nurture relationships with influencers in your niche.
5. Clearly display shipping & return information so your customers are left with no surprises. Unknown costs kill conversion rates so be transparent.
6. Write quality product descriptions that describe the product in detail. The customer cannot pick up and touch your products so make sure that your description gives them a clear picture.
7. Design a website that is visually appealing but does not take away from your products.
8. Find online shops that inspire you, study them, improve on what they are already doing right or not so right.
9. Ask for feedback from your customers regarding your store & products. Use focus groups and heatmaps to constantly get feedback and test and tweak using this information.
10. Make sure your product categories make sense to customers, not just you. Don't make them think and make sure it is clear and easy to navigate.
11. Set up your social media platforms from Day 1 and actively post to each platform on the schedule that you can maintain. Find your voice with these posts and remember to stick to 80% informative and only 20% selling.
12. Create valuable content that inspires & educates your customers through multiple forms of media; video, articles, how-to guides, infographics, etc
13. Video is king in online content. It drives the most engagement and must be part of your marketing strategy. Online video editing tools have made it easy for anyone to create unique content for their brand.
14. Offer free shipping if possible. Calculated shipping at checkout hurts abandoned cart rates
15. Make sure you have a budget for advertising. When you first launch no one will come to your site if you don't advertise. Adwords, Facebook Ads, Social Media Ads is a good start but don't throw money at it blindly. Set specific targeting goals for your campaigns, do A/B testing, and keep refining.
16. Study your abandoned cart rates, find potential issues, and keep improving the fall-off rate.
17. As the owner, you should talk to your customers. Check-in by email, phone, or WhatsApp. Use Live Chat to find out what they need in real-time on your site.
18. Build quality links through guest blogging or by creating sharable content.
19. Use Upsell and Cross-sell apps such as Bold Upsell to boost shopping cart size.
20. Use free trials for Shopify apps to test which ones work for your store. Make sure to back up your theme before installation.
21. Test everything in your store before you go live. Test mobile responsiveness, do test orders with a real credit card, shipping rates, all links, anything that might hurt the customer experience.
22. Do SEO Optimization on your site. Check for broken links, do SEO optimization on images, product pages, H1 & H2 Headers.
23. Use Retargeting Ads to expand your reach.
24. Ask your customers for photos of them enjoying your products and share that on your website, blog, product pages, and social media
25. Ask for testimonials. This can be set up automatically with Shopify Apps such as Judgeme.
26. Use Flash Sales, countdown clocks and limited stock counts to drive urgency.